Wednesday, January 7, 2009

When tendinitis is good news...

Relief is the word to describe how I feel after consulting my GP this afternoon.

I was worried that the pain in my right knee was due to osteoarthritis. However, my GP examination detected some inflammation and no pain on lateral pressure.

He diagnosed it as a case of tendinitis probably caused back in October during the intensive training runs. He explained how injury to the tendons could cause shortening of the tendons, and only when the muscles and legs were relaxed (when asleep) did the pain surface. So he prescribed painkillers and cream, and no intense running. Should continue glucosamine and proper footwear to avoid onset of osteoarthritis. Also keeping weight in check will help. He reckoned the knee should be well by March.

Thanks to my dear friends for your concern. The BFG chronicles will continue...

No comments: