Sunday, January 18, 2009

TLog: LSD 18km run

My preference is go go anti-clockwise around Bedok Reservoir. But today is one of the rare times I decided to go clockwise. Perhaps it was just the timing, or that I have never really looked before, but the sight of the waters in the morning light and the clear blue sky was quite one to behold.

The number of runners/joggers/walkers out at BR was also a pleasant surprise. I think there must well be in excess of 150 people around, of all ages. Yes, there was an infant out there this morning as well. Sleeping soundly in his father's arms, with an entourage of four other adults. Walking though they might be, they were certainly a sight to behold.

The morning was really pleasant, with a cool breeze. Made good pace, about 7:15 to 7:45 mostly. I thought my fitness had improved since the start of Jan, when it took a dip after a lazy Dec.


View Larger Map

There was some soreness on the right knee when I started, but it went away after a while. Some tenderness after the run, but nothing that bothered me for the rest of the day. So keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: