Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TLog: 22 km aerobic run

Cool morning run and it felt good today. Must be the rest yesterday. Out of a scale from 1 to 5, I rate today's run a 4.5.

After the first two km for warm up, managed a good pace throughout. Except for a break for gel and a telemarketeer phone call (private number), it was pretty consistent - below 7 min/km until 18 km. Cool down thereafter.



Quite pleased with the consistent HR during this run, and holding form during the latter part of the run. More so given the course - the undulating terrain leading to Changi Village. The spike in HR about 17 km was due the overhead bridge when I "attacked" the slopes going up. :)

My first long run with the Nimbus 10. Good cushioning and balance. The heavier weight didn't really make any difference.

3 comments:

Lotus Fire said...

surely you have lost all that New Year add-ons after this run!

Six13 said...

how long did you take to run 18k?

BFG said...

This is a LSD run at my marathon pace, which is 7 min/km. Overall, it took me almost two hours to cover 18km, which is slow by any standard. But for back-of-the-pack people like me, I'm quite happy with it! :)