Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lunar New Year celebrations

This is that time of the year where feasting and celebrations play havoc with my weight and waistline.

So this is my simple POV: What's the point of training if we can't get to eat? But then, what's the point of eating too much only to suffer in training?

In any case, I was rather "good" this time around ... and put on only 1 kg! :)

So here's how I celebrated my LNY:
Monday Jan 26; 90 min recovery bike to Changi village and back. Head wind difference in speed: about 3 km/hour. Still at 25 to 28 km/h.

Tuesday Jan 27: 8 km with MBH... her first 8 km! A significant achievement, even though we had to walk the last km. Then a 32 lap swim session in the afternoon. Managed to swim continuously for 300m and 30 to 45 sec rest after every 100m. Also practiced breathing on the left, alternate breathing, and sighting.

The one difference between a swim and run workout is that I get very hungry after swimming.

No comments: