Sunday, January 18, 2009

TLog: biking on the roads

There are two kinds of drivers - bike-friendly and bike-unfriendly drivers. Typically cars and buses are bike friendly. Thus far, truck and lorry drivers tend to be not-so-friendly. Thankfully, I have not had any nasty encounters so far.

It was bike recovery today. But the breeze and wind that I so favored yesterday became a bane today. Strong headwinds all the way to Changi village. Also of note: three stretches of speed bumps along coastal road. Loyang rolling terrain was a good way to prepare for Bintan. And feeling a little gung-ho, I turned into Selarang where the first incline made me regret my decision. I survived that and the other inclines along that stretch. Traffic was light, so down hill segments were good (max speed of 44 kph).

Short warm down along Singapore expo area. Ave speed: 21.4 kph


View Larger Map

No comments: