Wednesday, May 28, 2008

imaRunner: DT

DT is a good friend who is attempting to do his first marathon at the SDM. Starting without a strong base (last run about 10 years ago), and trained for 4+ months. I was initially skeptical but sympathize with his aim of running 40k before 40 (sounds familiar??). In spite of a knee injury two months into training, he is back on track after a month setback.

Frankly, I admire his determination and drive but as a friend, I don't wish for him to get injured again. My advice (for what's it is worth) is to do a slow run with systematic walk breaks (ala Gallaway program). The fall back plan is to brisk walk most of the way. Two weeks ago, DT completed 30k which was cause to celebrate.

I believe he will achieve his objective. But that is irrelevant (to me).

DT is a runner and a winner.

imaRunner is a series about ordinary people and their not-so-ordinary running achievements.

No comments: