Wednesday, May 28, 2008

imaRunner: Rachstar

Posted on SGRunners new members section, April 16, 2008

Hello sgrunners

Am relatively new to running.

All started in 07 when I did the shape'07 10km. Then I kinda got hooked to running so signed up for GE 10km. And decided to push for it and did the SCSM half marathon in Dec'07. Come 08, I signed up for my 1st Biathlon - sprint, NUS biathlon (wanted to do a full but, did make it for the swim trials - 30laps in 40mins, I did mine in 41mins .. another story for another time). Now aiming for a full marathon.. so Sundown here I come. (I run at turtle pace though? hmm.. so any 'buddy' for the Sundown Familiarization coming up..)

For 08 I am aiming for:
Triladies (erm.. 1st need to buy a bike.. another story too..)
Complete a few more runs (10km/15km/21km)
SCSM full in Dec'08

For me its really about enjoy my runs/races and to complete not compete (not ready to comepte haha..) but I do aim to get better each time I go for a race.

Usually run alone with my trustly ipod

ok..
Rachstar out - Rawrr..

Interesting sidebar:

I have thunder thighs
and thats a compliment
because they are strong
and toned
and muscular
and though they are unwelcome
in the petite section
they are cheered on in marathons
fifty years from now
I'll bounce a grandchild on my thunder thighs
and then I'll go out for a run
Just do it - NIKE

imaRunner is a series about ordinary people and their not-so-ordinary running achievements.

No comments: