Wednesday, July 29, 2009

TLog: taper week yet again

Actually I kinda like taper week. Recovery weeks as well. They are kinda nice knowing that I am having an easy week. However - and I don't know if this is true for the rest of you folks - this is the week that I start to feel aches and tensions that I didn't notice.

More so with running. After three weeks of running, I'd get all kinds of aches and minor pains from the rest. Perhaps it is my body's way of healing and recovering. Of course, these minor aches and pains go away after stretching and rest.

Anyway, this week is taper week for the OSIM triathlon this Sunday. And I am having tensed shoulders and neck.

Here's what happened and happening:

Tues: 1.5k swim - 500m warm up, 3x100m with 1 min recovery (2.00, 2.02, 2.05), 3x50m with 30s recovery (0.57, 0.58, 0.59), 500m cool down.

Wed: 6k - 1k warm up, 3x1k fast pace runs with 2 min recovery (pace: 5.58, 5.45, 5.19), cool down with two 100m strides.

Thu: bike ride with 2 to 3k intervals, and to check out the race route at East Coast. And to test out my new Garmin 310XT! :)

Expectations for this Sunday's race are modest for the following reasons:
1. Crowded course - 1,200 OD participants
2. 6 loops bike route - going to be congested with short (3k) straightaways.
3. Only 3 weeks of prep due to two bouts of flu in June.
4. Possible rain over the weekend

Just going to enjoy the race, no expectation for PB.

No comments: