Wednesday, July 15, 2009

TLog: nice night run

It has been a long while since I ran at night. The last time would be the Sundown marathon end May. A little tired this evening, after the morning stationary bike session spinning over 75 minutes and yesterday's swim. And I was thinking of skipping this run. But I am glad I didn't.

It was a nice evening to be out. Cool breeze, not many people at Bedok Reservoir. Supposed to be an easy aerobic run at 145. But all the way to BR and not run up the slope? How to be ready for NF100 come Oct 24? So I thought of PK and Ald (who love running hills!) and picked up the pace for this slope.

Surprisingly, it didn't feel as hard. HR went up to 170+, but that's not as bad as I thought. Perhaps all that climbing on the bike is helping.

Towards the end, I took three strides, again picking it up on the up slopes. Felt strong, not winded. Distance: 10 km.

Quite happy with this evening's run, especially after I struggled with the swims after the lay off. I was really panting and tired in the first two short swim sessions.

Yesterday's 2.3 km swim was an improvement.
pull buoy: 0.55, 0.56, 0.56, 0.57, 0.58, 0.58 (ave: 0.567)
4x100: 1.58, 2.05, 2.07, 2.07 (ave: 2.043)
4x200: 4.32, 4.33, 4.39, 4.44 (ave: 4.37)

I was pleasantly surprised, as I didn't go out hard. Just to get into the swing of things, and practice technique. Must be doing it right.

I was not very enthusiastic about the upcoming OSIM tri. Read the e-brief and found out that the bike route will be over 6 laps, with many sharp corners. With the relatively narrow paths, it'd be very crowded. Not to my liking. I was also unsure if I could be ready in just little under three weeks. I was planning to use it as a training session - brick training? Also contemplating to withdraw (DNS!).

With the past two days, things are looking up a little. Maybe I'll be ready after all.

No comments: