Monday, July 27, 2009

Angkor Wat bike race and half marathon; Hua Hin triathlon

Today's papers featured exotic marathons and races around the world - from Ghobi desert to Antarctica. I am not sure about desert and ice, but the doable race would be Angkor Wat, Cambodia.

Out of curiosity, I googled and found that there's also a bike rally the day before the half marathon, 40k and 80k, starting right outside Angkor Wat entrance.

There's also the family and kids run categories.

The family would be happy with sightseeing in Siem Reap. That's a vacation I look forward to!

More details on the half marathon and bike rally.

Here's another good vacation idea: Hua Hin Thailand. And there's a triathlon to go with it. Read more!

10 comments:

Jodan said...

This race always clash with Singapore Marathon.

Make sure u din sign up for both races at the same time. =)

BFG said...

Roger that. But not this year ... maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful holiday in Siem Reap, No doubt you'll visit Ankhor Watt and Bayon, but don't forget Ta Prohm. The AW half is on my 'to do' list. Hua Hin is nice as well..

BFG said...

Never been to Siem Reap, and Bayon and Ta Prohm would be must-sees. I have been making a dream list of races to participate. But Ghobi desert and Antarctica aren't on it.

Anonymous said...

I quite fancy running the arctic circle marathon: http://www.arcticmarathon.se/eng/index_eng.html

alas, so many marathons and so little time ))

Tekko said...

You doing this year? Me thinking of doing it.

BFG said...

Yes. This is on my schedule for 2010. Let's do it!

Anonymous said...

BFG/Tekko - are you talking about artic marathon?

BFG said...

Hi Marty, I am modestly thinking only of Angkor Wat! Artic marathon would have to wait... I guess you'd do it before us :)

Anonymous said...

lol, ok BFG, just me and my polar bear then :)