Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More about shoes: Saucony Triumph 7 and ASICS Nimbus 11

My Triumph 6 served me very well over the past year. I trained in them in Adelaide and used them for the WDW marathon. The ASICS Nimbus 9 (silver) was a throwback given my disappointment with the Nimbus 10. Unfortunately, I found the later version of the 9 (unlike the earlier blue version) to be more akin to the 10s in terms of undersole durability. Nonetheless, they served me well for the Aviva 70.3.

So my recent acquisitions were the Nimbus 11 (from Running Lab) and Triumph 7 (N Zone).

The Nimbus 11s logged in less than 100km so far. The verdict todate is pretty optimistic. They are well cushioned, and more importantly, the durability has improved significantly over the 10s. That made the 11s more like the ASICS I know.

The Triumph 7 in luminous orange (pix above) are brand new, and only ate earth and asphalt this morning, all of only 8 km. I had to take a half size larger (11 instead of 10.5). Cushioning is good, and the one piece undersole provides better toe to heel transition. The flexibility, I feel, is not as good as the Triumph 6 (in luminous green - see a trend here?).

Why so many shoes? Good question. To be answered in a subsequent post.

No comments: