Sunday, May 2, 2010

"D" for double run day

Sunday was a double run day. 15 km in the morning and within 12 hours, another 18 km run. The first would be at 7:20 and the second at 7:10, with the last 5 km at 7:00.

Set off at 7:45 am, later than intended. Ran the normal route to Changi Village, and then to Changi Ferry Terminal. When I reached the north end of the wooded path, many marshals for TriBob sprint event were there, but no runners. I asked and was told that the first three runners have gone past. So the run leg had just started.

At the entrance to CFT, I became a spectator, looking on as the triathletes started and completed their bike leg. I was hoping to see the gang - IN, JN, SC and JT - some of whom were doing the first mini triathlon. An ambulance pulled into the bike section - must be some accident.

Just as I was about to leave, I saw IN coming back.  Thought he would be using his wilier, but he was riding his orbea. Couldn't stay to cheer on the others as the family was waiting. I found out later that all completed their events safely.

Completed the 15km run faster than planned, at 7:08 HR 155.

In the evening, I met up with DW, BP and DA at PMC for the second run of the day. The rest were doing 25 to 29 km, but I stuck to my modest 18km. The first segment was at easy pace, and the final 5 km was at 7:00 pace. Ave HR over the 5km was 153.

The good news was that I didn't get any cramps, and completed the two runs without too much struggle.

I expect tougher runs in the ensuing weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is progress, well done. The HR is lloking good too. Hope this continues