Sunday, May 16, 2010

Runs interrupted

This was not a good week - training-wise.

It would be the highest mileage week before taper with 3 challenging runs covering 66km over 24 hours. The first 21km run went as scheduled on Friday 8 pm. The second 30km run was scheduled for 2 am, but the weather had other plans. It stormed.

I came up with what I thought was a brilliant alternative. Reschedule another three runs on Sunday - 15km, 30km and 10km. The weather didn't cooperate again, but clever me was not to be outdone. I ran on the treadmill. When the rain stopped about 9 pm, I was pleased as punch.

At 12 midnight I set out. All went well until the 20km mark and the mild drizzle became another heavy downpour. Darn! After waiting for 10 minutes, with no signs of the rain relenting, I caught a cab home. So much for my clever plans. :(

The only upside is that I now know:
Carl Jr at Big Splash is open 24 hours, so is the MacDonald's at EC. But the 7 eleven at Big Splash was closed. The 7 eleven next to MacDonald's is open.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some high mileage..Are you preparing for any race?

BFG said...

Preparing for the sundown ultra marathon end May :)

Anonymous said...

wow.. it seems you have trained enough...taper well! All the best!