Thursday, April 15, 2010

BFG rave Runs: Naples, FL

Where would you see flashy cars such as the BMW X6, Acura, hummers, vintage cars and hear a lady driver wound down her window and shouted "Whoo-hoo, way to go!"when running? Where would you get stopped by Americans asking for directions, and go green with envy with the dedicated bike lanes? Where would you run past nicely manicured and stately million dollar real estate?

Many places, I'd bet. But I happen to be in Naples, Florida. For a conference. Two years ago, I was in the vicinity, about 30 miles to the north at Captiva Island. Four months ago, I was freezing my butt off in Orlando, four hours away. Florida, the sunshine state, home of wealthy retirees and millionaires. And for me, merely flat roads to build up my mileage.

So the first two of a series of runs here - 10 km and 15 km easy runs, both at HR target of 150. Been a while since I ran in such nice weather, with a good wind but not strong enough to become an issue.

No comments: