Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resuming training after 2 weeks of R&R

A friend commented recently that I have been quiet of late. Undeniably true. I had been busy with the training for aviva 70.3, with an intense build-up of 12 to 17 hours per week over the past two months. I was also busy with work (yes, I do work!).

A happy state of being is to enjoy the down time following the race - which coincided with a trip to Bali with the family, in part being atonement for my sins of omission and absence. While one part of me wanted to get back into training ASAP for the Sundown ultra, the slack (and sensible?) part of me prevailed.

The planner in me endeavored some crystal ball gazing in the guise of race planning. So this is what I would like to do for the rest of 2010:

May: Sundown
Sep: Bike n Blade; AHM
Oct: TNF 100 duo
Nov: Tribob Phuket training camp
Dec: Asia Pacific 70.3

The above is a short list, as this year would be focused on a limited number of quality (albeit longer) races. If Putrajaya 70.3 is on, that'll be on the list as well, since 3 is a charm (3 ODs, 3 70.3s). I'd not discount the Tour de Bintan (October?). Optimistically, it'll be the full IM in 2011.

The next question is which IM?

No comments: