Friday, April 16, 2010

Florida - a dangerous place?

Of all the runs I'd done in foreign lands, I think I did the most runs in Adelaide. Next would be Florida.

I'd always thought that Florida is rather uninteresting as runs go. Flat as a pancake, unless it's in north-west Florida where the terrain is closer to that in Georgia. And the Floridians there are more Georgians than Miamians. I'd also thought that Florida (other than the big cities) is safe. Until today.

I was minding my own business on my 22km run when a car passed me and I heard a cat whistle. The window was wound down, and I couldn't be sure that it wasn't the same driver who hollered at me two days ago. It was along the same stretch of road. (Incidentally, MBH didn't appreciate that at all.)

Surprised - and somewhat shocked - I couldn't imagine why someone would do that. Not unless it was a old fat lady who gets a kick cat whistling a bald fat guy. Or was it the SKINS compression tights?

No comments: