Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tokyo marathon 2010 Race Report by PG

Congratulations to my good friend PG, who completed the Tokyo Marathon last month. It was his second (not counting the 5-lap race around the Imperial Palace), after SCSM 2009.

This is his race report:

It was wet and cold. 4-6 degree C for the most part of the morning. I had my trash bag with 3 holes cut, ready for the weather so it came in handy. Still, was mostly wet, especially shoes. 
I had a good run. I finished in about 5 hours and 30 minutes. Its 30 minutes faster than SCSM in Dec09.
Considering that I was not in the best physical condition for it due to a hectic schedule preparing for posting back and the many business trips I had to make, it is a most satisfying time for me.
The best part of it really is that I thoroughly enjoyed the run and while I was tired at the finish, it did not feel half as bad nor tiring as the SCSM. I was amazed by the electrifying atmosphere which energised me. The supporters and volunteers were great. Certainly an excellent marathon experience.
A (wife) and A (son) braved the rain and cold and came out to support and encourage me, which gave me even more motivation to have a good run.

It wasn't the end of the story though, after I completed. I then had to 'run' to Haneda airport almost immediately to catch a flight to Osaka to join my staff there for rehearsals and dinner for the next day's new aircraft launch to Osaka. It was altogether a very tiring day but I was very happy at the end of it and enjoyed every minute of it, really.
Cheers and thanks for your tips and your help to get me to where I am today. Its amazing. Praise God for my legs and for giving me strength. - PG

5:30 is a very good PB by any standards! Well done, my friend.

No comments: