Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Update on MRK and rugged beauties

The things I'd do for MRK. Over the past 3 weeks, I'd been through the thermal scanners of CGH three times, consulted with sport physician, podiatrist, physiotherapist, all to cater to MRK.

One cm differential in length. So that calls for a 5mm insert for the left foot. Exercises to strengthen the right gluteus maximus muscle so as to correct the acute thigh-calf angle on impact. 3 times a week. Never had my bum felt so worked!

And as my current North Face Boa Arnuva threatened to let me down when I most needed it to perform (by courtesy of a small plastic part that was supposed to tighten the lace - too underused and a tad fragile), I made my way down to Queensway to seek out my favorite shoe consultant. The outcome was a lighter wallet and a pair of Salomon XA Comp 4 GTX.


These are some comments on the Comp 4 GTX:

These waterproof trail-runners were built to perform on rugged terrain—ideal for adventure running and when comfort and precision are paramount.

A versatile, weatherproof platform for extended trail runs and light day hikes. Thanks to the Gore-Tex waterproof breathable membrane, gusseted tongue, and integrated mud guard, the XA Comp keeps out everything from pebbles to rain storms. Salomons Quicklace system provides a snug fit, and the Contagrip outsole helps you stay glued to the trail.


Suitable for running and walking. Yelp. Gonna be doing a fair bit of walking on Oct 24! Would have to wait for one more week to try these rugged beauties out.

2 comments: