Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another long bike ride and short run (55-5)

Twas a busy scene at PMC when I drove in at 4:50am. The youths were having a all-nighter, and there were many folks to say hi to. Unfortunately, JN forgot his helmut and it became a solo ride.

Headed through Pasir Ris into Tampines ave 10, turned into Old Tampines Road, retracing the route to Punggol Road. Pretty uneventful all the way. Backtracked via the same way as I didn't like the route along Eunos Link. Back to PMC and continued to Loyang, Changi V and the Changi Exhibition center where I u-turned.

The ride was smoother, by virtue of degreasing and lubing the chain a couple of days ago. In the big chain ring all the way. This was an easy ride, so I kept it comfortable, between 25 to 28 kph. No breaks except for traffic lights.

It might have been fatigue, but I struggled up Loyang Ave on the way back to PMC. Overtaken by a group of cyclists on the incline :( But at 50+k mark, I didn't feel like ramping it up.

There was a run session at 7:30am, and I thought no one was going to show up. But I was wrong. Edw turned up and we promptly went for a slow 5 k jog/run around Pasir Ris Park. On the way back, three groups of cyclists rode past - mainly Joyriders. Interestingly there was a tandem bike keeping pace with one of the groups. That's a first for me. Didn't know that tandem bikes could go so fast. :)

So how did it feel with a second back-to-back long workouts? Surprisingly the legs felt much better than last week. Not much tightness, definitely no limping. Granted, this week's mileage is a tad lower than last week's, and the ride is not as demanding.

View ride.
Well, let's see how the legs hold up tomorrow at the Prison Yellow Ribbon Run.

1 comment:

Jodan said...

Have a good race =)

Hehe, the tandem bike riders are from ANZA.
Pretty impressive couple, I must say. =D