Wednesday, September 2, 2009

TLog: Does swimming help relieve sore muscles?

After a heavy weekend, my legs felt like they'd run a marathon. Compression tights for recovery, thefitbar massages and the works. Even after Monday recovery, legs were still sore - limping still pronounced.

But training is training. So I went for my Tue swim. 2.3 km of 50m, 100m repeats and a long 800m steady swim. And guess what? I could walk without limping after the swim. The legs felt as if they were straightened out. No more fatigue, no more strain. Amazing. Better than a sports massage.

Wonder if fellow readers experienced the same?

Today, a 30k bike and 5k run brick session, both at race pace. Averaged 27+kph with 22k close to or above 30 kph. Glad to be getting more used to aero position. In fact, about half of the time, I was on the aerobars. Still need to work on holding the line at fast speed in aero position.

5k run average about 6:07 pace, well better than my targeted race pace. Nice cool morning air at 6 am!

Looking forward to another heavy duty back-to-back workout later this week. :) The prison run on Sunday will have to be my recovery jog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have resumed swimming on a daily basis. Swimming can really help relax tired muscles especially if you don't overdo it. i find a recovery swim is often better than a recovery run.