Monday, September 21, 2009

TLog: more trails please; Hari Raya ride

My training mileage on trails is pathetic to say the least!

Sat: 5 km easy PMC run
Sun: 10 km trail run at MacRitchie
Mon: 65 km easy ride (Thomson-Mandai-Kranji-LCK-Jln Buroh-Clementi-Bt Timah)

Managed to complete the MacRitchie 10 km loop in 1:10, which was better than my first try. The slopes appeared to be easier, though I had to walk some sections.

The 65km ride was the longest todate. Took it easy most of the way as I was the anchor, except at LCK, where I thought I'd attack. AY was up to the challenge, as expected. Only managed to trail him for 2 min, then fell back. But it was only a short 3 km stretch. Averaged 32 kph over this stretch, max of 38 kph.

Easy riding for the rest of the way until Clementi road. Day after day I drove up this stretch without a scant thought of how steep it was. Pant, pant! This was the only section that I had to drop to the smaller chain ring. Otherwise, I was on race gear all the way (large chain ring, 5th rear cog). Average speed: 26.4kph. Average HR: 138.

Nice Hari Raya ride. View in Garmin connect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done on the 65km ride. Don't worry too much about the running mileage, you can always intensify this in the run up to big races