Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TLog: And here comes the haze

It was unmistakable - the first thing that hit me when I walked out the office this afternoon - the smell. Next, I saw it - the haze.

Good thing the morning was clear when I went for an easy 30 km ride. Easy saunter along PCN toward Changi V. Would have gone on the roads before dawn, but it was drizzling then and I popped back to bed. Worked on the pull motion, which was described as scrapping mud off the shoes. But I simply thought of it as flipping the feet. Felt the strain on the hip flexors. And yes, I could feel the increase in speed. Now to commit that to muscle memory.

Yesterday's 30 lap swim was another easy affair. It just felt good to be in the water again after one week. Corrected the tendency to over-rotate when on the right.

Coach planned a semi-recovery week in view of last week's 30k trail run and 30 kph ride(!). So all easy workouts this week :)

Hopefully the haze wouldn't get too bad ... Remember the bad haze was in 2006 when training for my first half marathon. Had to do a lot of treadmill running, which was really boring.

No comments: