Sunday, December 27, 2009

Water, water everywhere ...

Never thought that it would be cooler to run in Singapore than in ADL. But the temperature reached 43 deg C on Wed, the day that my family and I returned to SIN.

Tuesday was a decent day for another 16km fartlek run (2km@HR155 and 1km@HR165) along my favorite Torrens River NE route, and I managed to squeeze in a short 8 km run on Wed morning round the oval for the last time.

Thursday was Christmas eve, but I was able to do a 15 km easy run that evening. It was fortuitous in some sense for it rained on and off most of this past week. HR was a little erratic, but I think it is just the HRM.

Christmas day run was another 16km fartlek (same workout as Tue's). I was quite pleasantly surprised to attain the same pace as in ADL, even with the higher humidity. Caveat - it was a cool evening run.

Boxing day was a ride with the 5 am gang, now nicknamed FOTR (Fellowship of the Ride). Good to be back feeling the sweat and humidity. It just didn't feel right to complete a long ride with a dry jersey. For more details about this ride, read post by thebesttaticanbe. I wasn't sure if my legs would be up to the challenge of Mandai and RRR after 55 km of running this week. But surprisingly, muscle memory pulled me through. And the legs felt better after the ride :)

Sunday was supposed to be a rainy day, but it rained only in the evening, spoiling my plans for a long run. Never mind ... enjoying the cool wet respite from the hot dry weather of ADL, and enjoying my favorite Asian food as well.

Would love to get back into the pool ... missing on the swim for the past three weeks.

No comments: