Saturday, December 19, 2009

McLaren Vale recovery ride


It was only a recovery ride, but since this would be my last ride in Oz, I decided to squeeze in a ride at McLaren Vale while the family went sightseeing.

Picked up the trail at McLaren Vale town, the Coast to Vines trail that goes through wine country. This portion was the Shiraz trail. Living up to its name, the trail brought me through vine yards and wine cellars - up close and personal. Headed towards Willunga, a small village well known for its Saturday farmer's market, where our families spent many a happy morning.


The ride was flat and cut through several quiet roads. But it took the momentum away, having to stop to check for traffic. Nonetheless, it was a really scenic ride. Worked well for me as a recovery ride.

Wonder if I would have the chance to do a bike tour in the wine region - be it in McLaren or Barossa. Such wishful thinking. :)

No comments: