Sunday, December 13, 2009

Festivities


Tis the season to be jolly. Christmas is round the corner, and the festive spirit is in the air.

I couldn't help but notice this on my run yesterday evening. It was 6:30 pm when I started off (summer days in the southern hemisphere), and there was a big concert at the Torrens river. Further up, there was a Christmas display by the riverbank. Both events attracted hordes of people out to enjoy the cool Sunday evening.

Headed on the path westwards, as far as Adam St where the path was under construction. Covered 12km, fartlek-style.

That was the third fartlek run of the week. Yes, this week, I ran more than I biked. Partly training intensity was stepped up for the Jan race, and partly, I had to burn off all the excesses from the good food and wine consumed over the past two to three weeks. I had more fine dinners and great wines during this period than for the entire year.

Overall, 45km run and 40km bike. Coach has scheduled more higher intensity runs instead of long easy runs in view of my high mileage for TNF. Good to feel the burn of hard runs.

No comments: