Monday, September 22, 2008

TLog: workout, swim, bike

Felt soreness in upper body this morning, due to yesterday's workout. Managed to complete all eight prescribed exercises with equipment at Mulia hotel (JKT) gym, except for the workouts for abductors and adductors. So substituted with hamstring and quad curls instead. The air cycle was tough, managed only 25 reps and had to take breaks in between. Next time, I should do that earlier in the sequence instead of right at the end. The other exercise which was difficult was the pull down curl. Not used to these two exercises, iow, relevant muscles are underdeveloped.

Did a 30 lap swim yesterday evening. The night swim was interesting (have not done night swim for a very long time), as the shadows provided different perspective. The good thing was that underwater lights illuminated the silhouette and provided feedback on whether I was in the horizontal position. I think the pool is longer than 25 m, which made the total swim workout slight longer than 1000m.

A gentle 25k bike on the stationary bike in the gym. Distance was only an estimate. Idea was to keep HR about 120 and the average came in at 116. Time 60 min.

Hhhmmm. Come to think of it, I just completed three training sessions within 26 hours. And yesterday I had two training sessions. No wonder I feel a tad tired.

PS: Mulia Hotel overlooks the Senayan golf course. The last time I was in JKT was in the early 90s, and I recalled playing a round of golf at this course. If I am not wrong, I managed one par. Can't do that no more. :)

No comments: