Monday, August 24, 2009

Follow Up Visit with Changi Sports Centre

Had an appointment at Changi General Hospital Sports Centre this morning as a follow up for my VO2max test last year. I wasn't keen to do another VO2max --- since I don't think it went up. But used the chance to run my hypothesis by the doc.

This is my Right Knee Pain hypothesis - that the pain I experience in my right knee (and only my right knee) is due to a leg length differential. My right leg is slightly longer and the long pounding (only if I run over 20k or run hard) caused the knee pain. The evidence? (1) I don't get pain on my left knee, (2) the wear on my right shoe is always more severe that that on the left, and (3) so says Alex (my friendly mechanic from Passione Bike).

The doctor made me walk up and down the consultation room, and thought that it was my left leg that is longer. Then he had me lie down and measured my legs. Turned out the right is longer. But only slightly (0.5 cm).

Is this proof that my hypothesis is true? Not quite. For I now have three more appointments scheduled for the next two months to fully determine and "correct" the fault.

I wonder if this is all worth the bother.

No comments: