Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Balance Real Run 2008

Well, second year running, I mean participating. Supposed to do a time trial, but my FR305 did not cooperate (found out later that the battery was flat!). So I felt lost throughout this run. Had been overly reliant on my "running computers" to tell me the current pace, lap pace, HR, etc. Today, I had nothing to fall back on. Except my phone to tell me the time at the 8 km mark.

As it turned out, I came in at 1:38 gun time. That put the net time at 1:34:05. About the same as last year.

Most participants agreed that this year's run was more challenging - with the 4 km of trail / sand at the start. I also stopped at every water point, and slowed a little at the 14th km hot stretch. So generally satisfied with the outcome. Sorry no HR profile to show coach. Need another time trial.

Happy birthday wishes to PK!



A big THANK YOU to MBF for the video, support and encouragement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on completing your real run. indeed a hot weather but enjoyable run.

catch ya soon. :)