Sunday, June 22, 2008

imaRunner: thelonelyrunner

thelonelyrunner, founder of SGRunners.com, an online running community, came in 8th in the Sundown 84 km Ultra Marathon, with a time of 09:12:17.54. He gave this speech at the SGRunners.com 3rd anniversary on June 21:

Before I started joining races, when I normally do my own runs, I am not sure about the rest, as for me, I always felt that I was the best! These feelings were long gone when I joined my first race!

The first race that I ran humbled me. It made me realized how koyak I was among others. I was humbled by people of different age, gender and sizes! The more I ran, the more it humbled me, even till now.

Not only humbled by those who could run faster than me! But those who have very strong determination and perseverance to train and finish the race! I am always inspired with this group of people. Respect is the word that I have to them.

I know how hard to train and run a race, and to these people, the amount of effort that they take to do what they enjoy most is definitely respectable! They are my inspiration of who I am right now. And not only they inspired me, they inspired others.

One of the objectives for SGRunners is to create inspirations among runners. A source of motivation for runners to enjoy their training and races. It’s no longer about speed and distance that a person could run but it is the effort that the person takes. Getting to know these runners will boost us to even better heights.

I am happy and proud to say that quite a lot of our members have improved significantly! And their improvement definitely inspired us, particularly me! They don’t improve overnight just like that! I can understand the hard work and effort they put in! Not easy!

I really hope SGRunners is a blessing for you as much as it has blessed me to get to know these beautiful and inspirational people! And hopefully it motivated us not only to be a better runner, but a better person in the society!

To end this, I would like to thank my family, especially, my parent and Fd who devotedly supporting all my running craze! They are the best supporters that I ever had! No words can describe how much they mean to me!

...

All the best in your runs! Train Smart and you will run your best race!

Regards,
thelonelyrunner
Founder of SGRunners.COM



thelonelyrunner (front row, second from right) with SGRunners at the 2008 Passion Run.


imaRunner is a series about ordinary people and their not-so-ordinary running achievements.

No comments: