Thursday, June 19, 2008

imaRunner: moon



Every now and then, we come across something extraordinary. This is the extraordinary story of a young woman, moon. This is about her struggle with depression and how running helps her overcome.

In her own words:

"i failed to kill myself. i kinda gave up on the whole suicide thing cos i'm tired of planning for it. i got whisked off to IMH a.k.a. Woodbridge hospital twice for my attempts. i lost everything (education, jobs, friends, confidence) to depression. it sucks. so here i am still in it (life) i spend most of my time running and swimming. when i'm not in my trainers or at the pool, i like to read, aimlessly ride my motorcycle or simply hangout with my best friend who is my nephew. i forgot to mention i want to do Ironman someday. i think guys in spandex are very sexy. This blog i will talk about my life, the sports i am doing - endurance sports. i will also speak openly about my struggle with depression."


moon's motto is LIVE STRONG

More at: 2ndtri

What was amazing was that moon ran the Sundown marathon in spite of not feeling well days before, and finishing in 5:38, ranking 146th out of more than 860 women marathoners. Wow.

I know you are having a bad patch, but hang in there, moon!


imaRunner is a series about ordinary people and their not-so-ordinary running achievements.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think i'm just running away from my problems :P

thanks for this entry. LIVE STRONG people