Sunday, January 9, 2011

Friend from Vancouver

It had been a couple of years since we sat down to chat, my good friend from Vancouver. We used to have lunch once a week when I was on sabbatical there, and our families knew each other well. He commented on how well I looked, and I updated him on my latest quest on the triathlon. Surprisingly he said that he would also like to do one.

In fact, he purchased a second hand bike, fitted it out and had started riding. It was his way of getting back from the spade of depression he'd over the past year. I promised to help and we'd work on a race together sometime in 2012.

He's a strong swimmer, and once he'd gotten his ride up, the plan is to get through the run. Not a bad plan.

Certainly if providing my friend with some training prompts would help him return to normality, that would be the least I can do.

No comments: