Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tough two weeks

The past two weeks had been an escalation in training. Two long runs under the hot late morning/early afternoon sun, long swims, more fast bike sessions on the trainer and bike-run brick sessions.

The first demanding bike-run-bike-run session last weekend was disrupted by the unfortunately accident. So yesterday was another attempt - this time a 50k bike - 8k run - 20k bike and 1k run. IN joined me for this workout (SC joined the ride as well). By my miscalculation, we rode 60k instead. The run was at my race pace - a very slow 7:00 min/km. Then with a 5 minute rest, it was another 20k bike. However, we ran into strong headwinds along the coastal road, and I struggled to keep above 30 kph. The return leg was a little better. I could only garner 5:13 for the final 1k run.

The day before was a 21k long run with a long swim in the evening. These two workouts took their toll.

No comments: