Thursday, June 11, 2009

TLog: Using core muscles

An article by Mark Allen in the Triathlete magazine reminded me to use the core muscles by rotating on the swim. This is something that I have neglected in the past months. So for the last two swim sessions, I refocused on rotating into the water, stretching out and pulling back at the same time. Glide just for a sec. This worked well on the steady swim main set.

pull: 0.53, 0.54, 0.54, 0.56
5x100m: 2.04, 2.08, 2.07, 2.10, 2.11 (ave: 2.08)
3x200m: 4.33, 4.35, 4.41 (ave: 4.36)

A quick comparison of time shows that I was better at the 200m intervals in spite of slower turnover. The 100m sets were a touch slower, but I felt stronger for the 200m sets.

Three swim sessions consecutively. I was feeling the strain. Which was my excuse for goofing off this morning... did only two bike loops at NUS instead of three.

To answer my own question: When will the slopes get easier? Answer: When I have done enough. So ... still need to climb more slopes.

1 comment:

Tekko said...

Not too sure about biking but for running, I can never get use to slopes. It's never easy no matter how many times I've run it.