Monday, April 13, 2009

TLog: 100m swim intervals

Today's swim session moves on to 100m laps instead of 50m laps. The mental thought for this swim is: "Think fast"

Here are the 10x100 lap times:
2.05, 2.17, 2.21, 2.24, 2.23, 2.19, 2.19, 2.22, 2.21, 2.20

Ave 100m lap time: 2.17

One interesting observation. For the last two laps, I focussed on smoother strokes instead of high pace. In fact, my stroke pace slowed down and breathing was easier. Surprisingly the lap time went down to about 2.20.

Practiced 200m of sighting again.

Wore my tri-suit for today's session. The compression feel was still there, although after some time in the water, I didn't feel the compression as much. There was a slight gap at the back near the neck ... possibly due to my hunched shoulders, and I felt that water was being trapped in that cup. Couldn't feel my legs and butt as much, as the thighs and back were covered. Ordinarily, I could feel the air on the small of my back when in the horizontal position. Took some getting used to.

No comments: