Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TLog updates

It's been a while, but I had a one-on-one swim session with coach last week. These weeks with SportInc appeared to be paying off. My swim had improved. But as always, there's room for improvement. Three important techniques for me:

1. front quadrant swimming
2. acceleration through the stroke
3. grab with lats

Need to work on these. Noticeable difference in the feel, though.

Coach shared some tips on long distance riding, and I'd be putting some to good use soon.

Bike n Blade this weekend would be the longest bike rides (not one, but two) for me. Attended the briefing last Fri. An event report to follow.

Last weekend's long rides were disrupted - partly due to weather. Sat's ride was cancelled due to gusty wind and heavy rain forecast. We were cheated as the rain didn't materialize. Four of us went for a CCR ride, and I managed to put in 74 km before running out of time.

Sunday's ride was supposed to be 110km Mandai loops, but once again, I was tripped up because of the weather. By the time I accompanied TC back, it was almost 7 am and even if the weather held up, I'd be hard pressed to complete the distance if I weren't to miss service two weeks in a row.

I have some hard decisions to make. Essentially, I was giving up family time for junk miles, which is a terribly bad trade. Perhaps I should focus more on quality riding? Do more trainer sessions? Reorganize our rides?

No comments: