Friday, December 26, 2008

TLog: Christmas special

Actually it wasn't really anything special, except for Christmas and a new thing I tried today: pedaling with one leg.

Coach had me do four sets of super spinning, followed by this new drill - pedal with one leg for one minute, then two legs for another minute, then the other leg, then two legs.

Sounds easy? I thought so until I tried it. Had to do this on the stationary bike at the gym since I don't have clipless pedals. Luckily this was at the gym, else I would have fallen off many times.Very jerky initially. Almost injured my right knee at first try. Had to think circles to make it work. And one minute turned out to be longer than I'd imagined. Could feel the legs getting tired after 45 sec.

So this is what it means to push and pull. Managed to keep cadence up at 80 rpm even with one leg. Can't imagine biking any distance with just one leg!!

Let's see what else: Yes. Went for a ride along EC yesterday (Christmas day). 30 km. Didn't realize it had been more than 2 months since I was went biking outdoors. Felt great.

Tue was a 15 km easy run along EC, with my good friend PG.

Two weights sessions this week. and a 800 m swim yesterday afternoon. Started continuous arm motion. Have to focus on keeping the legs up.

PS: Need to get the Garmin cadence set.
PPS: First time I learnt about the history of Bethlehem, thanks to Ps Aaron.

No comments: