Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tokyo marathon 2010

Received an email today informing that I was successful in my ballot for Tokyo marathon 2010. My good friend in Tokyo heeded my advice this year and registered as a Singaporean, and he was successful as well. Good for him!

We were to run TM together this year, but he chose to register using his Tokyo address, and no surprise, he was unsuccessful. That was a big let down for him. It was apparent that foreigners have a higher chance of being selected. In fact, it is rumored that all foreigners would be selected. How true, I do not know.

The problem is this: TM will be 3 weeks before the Aviva 70.3. And MBH is unconvinced that I should run TM again. Well, I have till Oct 30 to decide, after which the slot would be released to those on the waiting list.

What say you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We three could run Tokyo:) but I guess it depends how important the Aviva 70.3 is? Anyway, if you decide to run Tokyo, let's meet

Tekko said...

treat the TM as a final long training session for the 70.3

Jodan said...

I agree with Tekko.
3 weeks is sufficient time for recovery. =)

kops21 said...

if u want to chiong all the events, definitely not enough time to recover.

If you want to enjoy the races, slow and steady..it is good enough.

Just need to condition yourself properly.