Monday, November 29, 2010

A prayer

A simple prayer during yesterday's brick workout under the hot sun:

Teach me Lord to remember.

For every stroke in the water, every turn of the crank and every stride on the road,
I shall remember to give thanks for manifold goodness and blessings.

The sun may be blazing hot and my HR in overdrive,
I remember those who are less privileged -
who have never worn a pair of nike or addidas shoes,
and yet find pure joy in running barefooted.

The climb may seem formidable and my quads are cramping,
I remember those who are less privileged -
who have to cycle 60km every day just to commute to work,
to provide for their children back home.


The race may be too demanding and I feel like giving up,
I remember those who are less privileged -
those who can't even walk, or stand, or talk,
and yet they are not giving up on life.

Help me Lord to remember.

No comments: